Sunday, May 8, 2011

FIDDLE HEAD PICKIN TIME

Hubby and I had a great time this afternoon picking fiddle heads down our road with a neighbor who showed us a secret patch where he used to pick fiddle heads has a young lad. We picked about one half of a 10lb bucket along a secluded brook and there is still time to pick more in a couple of days. But that will be it for the season. We also discovered a nice place to do some trout fishing within the next few weeks. So here are a couple of pictures to show you our bounty for tonights supper and freezer.

3 comments:

  1. oooh I love these. Haven't seen them in the grocery stores yet. I'll have to check tomorrow. Mmmmm with melted butter and a splash of vinegar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats exactly the way I eat them also Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't picked fiddleheads yet and I'm waiting for the water to go down and the rain to stop if it ever does. I haven't seen them in the stores yet either.

    I freeze some every spring and had my last bag last week. JB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...