Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WOOL LABYRINTH MANDALAS

I went to a Wellness Expo recently and was inspired to make these Mandalas after reading about how to meditate. The eastern practice of Mandala meditation has been used for centuries as an effective tool in calming the soul and clearing the mind of clutter. Mandala meditation is for the beginner and the long-time meditater alike. It may be of particular utility to those that have difficulty sitting still and being in the moment, as concentrating on an object helps to focus energy inside the present self. As in all meditation practices, there is no right or wrong way.

I decided to needle felt a Labyrinth on the wool so you can easily trace it with your finger with your eyes open or close while you clear your mind in getting ready to meditate. Some people like to put the Mandala up on a wall and focus on it before meditation.

I used heavy wool material and added a glass bead in the center and at the bottom with my initials. They all mesure about 12"X12". I really enjoyed making these and it helps me to calm the mind when I use it also.

I have several of these, so when ordering please specify the color backround you would like to have.

WOOL MANDALA
$8 PLUS SHIPPING

BROWN MANDALA

PINK MANDALA

RASBERRY MANDALA

BLUE MANDALA
to order email cleosavoie@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...