Saturday, January 19, 2013

My second basket without a pattern

I decided to make another basket last weekend.  I got a bit braver and decided to make a candle basket from a basket I already had.  I guess once you know the basics of basket weaving you don't really need a specific pattern.  Its not quite the same height as I would have like it but I think its cute anyway.  I even dyed the red reeds.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to stain the basket but will post it if I do.  This little candle/scissor basket measures  about 6" high without the handle.
So here it is.
Now on to a bigger one with a handle, stay tuned.....................



1 comment:

  1. What a cute little basket. I'm looking forward to seeing your next one.
    My daughter took a course in Japanese basket making at the N.B. Craft school of Design a few years ago. It was beautiful.

    Have a nice week.
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...